12 - 1pm every Sunday on Edge radio 99.3 Hobart Australia

Sunday, January 25

episode 7 - 1st of Feb 2009

Got in early today and got cracking with the Necks - the Gods of Australian music!!
here's a track list!!

The necks - buoyant - chemist (2006)
Fourplay - the fourplay remix project (2001) - Pimmon's freeformshugganah
Fripp & Eno - Altair - Equatorial stars (2004)
Kieran Hebden and Steve Reid - Electricity and drum will change your mind - (2006) (KH is better known as Fourtet)
Morphine - Kerouac - Potion (single)
Assumptions - Delayed again - Departures by Assumptions (2003)
Because of ghosts - the stars did wander (live) - No more reason no more doubt - Selected Recordings 2002-2004 (2006)
Devendra - Lend me your teeth - oh me oh my (2002)
7 Rockettothesky - a cute lovesong please - to sing you apple trees (2006)
Roam the hello clouds - a life of near misses - Near Misses (2007)


Oh me, oh my - how the year is flying by. This is episode 7 now and I'm almost running out of CDs to play to you ... not strictly true but perhaps you might have some suggestions as to future music to play - I'd love to get my hands on some obscure music from Australian musicians or outer-planet musicians in particular - people with strange and wonderful choice of instrumetns - weird, kooky and poetic lyrics that'll kind of twist our knickers in a knot, noise, electronic, acoustic, experimental boundary-pushing music of the HIGHEST order that will guarantee that listeners to the radio will switch me up louder and say "hmm, that's a bit odd .... "

suggestions - ?

Perhaps you make this kind of music and need to have it played - perhaps you'd like to send me a sign! or send me a CD - address GPO Box 1272, Hobart, Tasmania 7001. Australia

ciao belli
see you next week
jxo

No comments: